Antigua & Barbuda
Benefits of Antigua & Barbuda Program
As globalization paves the way for borderless opportunities, countries around the world have embraced citizenship by investment programs to attract foreign individuals seeking a new home and enhanced global mobility. In the Caribbean, Antigua and Barbuda has emerged as an enticing destination, offering a prestigious citizenship by investment program that comes with a plethora of benefits.
Antigua and Barbuda's citizenship by investment program grants participants the privilege of visa-free travel to numerous countries worldwide. As an Antiguan and Barbudan citizen, you gain access to over 150 countries, including the United Kingdom, Schengen Area countries, Hong Kong, and many more. This exceptional global mobility empowers individuals with the freedom to explore new business opportunities, embark on international vacations, and expand their horizons.
Antigua and Barbuda's citizenship by investment program presents remarkable economic advantages for participants. With a strong and stable economy driven by tourism and financial services, the country offers a conducive environment for business and investment. Investors can tap into thriving industries such as hospitality, real estate, and renewable energy, providing a platform for potential financial growth and long-term wealth accumulation.
One of the notable benefits of obtaining citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda is its attractive tax regime. The country does not impose any wealth, inheritance, or capital gains taxes, offering a favorable environment for wealth preservation and asset protection. This tax-efficient jurisdiction allows individuals to optimize their financial strategies, promoting greater prosperity and financial security for themselves and their families.
As a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda, you can enjoy the privileges that come with holding a powerful and highly respected passport. This includes easier access to global business networks, improved international trade opportunities, and enhanced personal and professional connections. The Antiguan and Barbudan passport provides a gateway to international markets, enabling individuals to leverage its strength for entrepreneurial pursuits and global expansion.
Antigua and Barbuda, known for its pristine beaches, vibrant culture, and year-round tropical climate, offers an unparalleled lifestyle for its residents. By participating in the citizenship by investment program, individuals gain the opportunity to experience this idyllic Caribbean lifestyle firsthand. From luxury resorts and world-class amenities to a safe and peaceful environment, Antigua and Barbuda provide a remarkable quality of life for its citizens and their families. Antigua and Barbuda's citizenship by investment program offers an array of benefits, ranging from visa-free travel and economic advantages to a favorable tax regime and an enhanced quality of life. By acquiring citizenship in this Caribbean paradise, individuals can unlock new horizons, broaden their opportunities, and secure a prosperous future. If you're considering a second passport and a gateway to global success, Antigua and Barbuda's citizenship by investment program is undoubtedly worth exploring.
Choice of 3 Citizenship Programs
National Transformation Fund
By far the most popular option, the donation route confers citizenship on investors who simply contribute to the islands’ National Development Fund. A U.S.$100,000 donation will cover a family of up to four people, including dependent children aged up to 25, and parents aged 65 or more; for larger families, the donation increases to U.S.$125,000. Investors must also pay U.S.$25,000 in processing fees, plus U.S.$15,000 per additional dependent beyond a family of four.
Real Estate Investment
Investors can also qualify for citizenship by spending U.S.$200,000 or more on qualifying real estate. More than 40 development projects have been approved for CBI funding, of which most are condos, hotels, or resort properties. Investors must also pay a U.S.$30,000 fee for a family of four or less, plus U.S.$15,000 per additional dependent, and must hold their property for at least five years after gaining citizenship.
Citizenship can be obtained through business-related investments, with individuals required to invest at least U.S.$1.5 million to qualify. It’s possible to bring the cost down by clubbing together: multiple investors can obtain citizenship through a single business venture, as long as they invest at least U.S.$5 million in total, and each investor commits to at least U.S.$400,000 to the project. Like real-estate investors, business investors must also pay U.S.$50,000 in processing fees for a family of four, plus U.S.$15,000 for additional dependents. They must keep their investment for at least five years after gaining citizenship. Investors considering the business route are also encouraged to discuss their plans with the Antigua & Barbuda Investment Authority
General Requirements, Eligible & Process
In order to protect its people and Antigua and Barbuda’s international standing, the Government of Antigua and Barbuda, will only grant citizenship to individuals who are truly deserving of that honour. Therefore, the Government will deny the application of any applicant who:
- Provides false information on his or her application form.
- Has at any time previously been convicted in any country of an offence for which the maximum custodial penalty for the same or similar offence in Antigua and Barbuda, is in excess of six months imprisonment (unless he or she received a free pardon).
- Is the subject of a criminal investigation.
- Is considered to be a potential national security risk to Antigua and Barbuda or to any other country.
- Is involved in any activity likely to cause disrepute to Antigua and Barbuda,
- Has been denied a visa to a country with which Antigua and Barbuda has visa-free travel and who has not subsequently obtained a visa to the country that issued the denial.
- Applied for citizenship in any Caribbean program and was denied
Moreover, the main applicant must demonstrate that he or she:
- Is at least eighteen years old.
- Is in good health; and
- Has enough funds to make the required investment. The source of these funds must be legal.
In order to ensure that the requirements listed above are fully adhered to, the Government of Antigua and Barbuda subjects each applicant to strict due diligence procedures. Moreover, each applicant must supplement his or her application with supporting documents. These include, but are not limited to, original or certified copies of:
- A certificate by a medical practitioner, indicating that the main applicant and his or her applying family members are not suffering from any communicable disease and that they are otherwise in good health; and
- A police certificate.
- A spouse of the main applicant.
- Children under the age of 17 of main applicant or spouse.
- Children between the age of 17 -30 who are fully supported by the main applicant.
- A child of the main applicant who is physically or mentally challenged. The dependent must be fully supported by the main applicant.
- Dependent parents or grandparents of the main applicant and spouse above the age of 55. (*Under 55 is also eligible but contribution amount is 50K instead of 25K)
- Siblings of the main applicant who are not married and do not have any children can apply for citizenship
- In the first instanace you should contact a Government Authorised International Marketing Agent which ATB Global Mobility is one. We will guide you through the rest of the process
- We will then help you process through Local Agent as per the Regulations
- Collect your relevant documents and submit to the Bank for applicant Clearance
- Pay Government fees and local agent fees
- Submit file to the citizenship by investment Unit
- A due diligence progress will then be carried out on you and your family members by the Grenadian Goverments officials
- Conditional Approval receipt
- On successful acceptance of your application, you would then make the National Transformation Fund Donation or the investment into Real estate (this will be paid into an escrow account and drawn down by the project according to the progress of the property/properties
Prepration of Certification of Registration and passport
* All applications are first vetted by the receiving bank in Grenada. Only applications that are cleared