The Commonwealth of Dominica has a quick and transparent process to obtain a passport to 130 countries worldwide. For other countries including Ukraine, India and Vietnam, Dominica citizens enjoy the benefit of visa on arrival.
Benefits of Dominica Program
As globalization paves the way for borderless opportunities, countries around the world have embraced citizenship by investment programs to attract foreign individuals seeking a new home and enhanced global mobility. In the Caribbean, Antigua and Barbuda has emerged as an enticing destination, offering a prestigious citizenship by investment program that comes with a plethora of benefits.
One of the most appealing benefits of obtaining Dominican citizenship through the CIP is the freedom to travel visa-free or with visa-on-arrival access to over 140 countries and territories worldwide. This includes desirable destinations such as the United Kingdom, European Schengen Area, Hong Kong, and Singapore, providing excellent opportunities for business expansion, leisure, and exploring new cultures.
Dominica's Citizenship by Investment Program offers investors and their families the invaluable advantage of acquiring a second passport. This second citizenship serves as a powerful tool, providing greater international mobility, improved personal security, and increased options for investment and business ventures globally. It allows individuals to diversify their personal and financial interests, providing peace of mind in an ever-changing world.
Investing in Dominica not only grants citizenship but also offers a range of economic advantages. Dominica has a stable economy, bolstered by its flourishing tourism, agriculture, and offshore financial services sectors. By participating in the CIP, investors contribute directly to the nation's economic development through various investment options such as the Economic Diversification Fund (EDF) or real estate projects. This not only enhances their personal wealth but also fosters sustainable growth and job creation in Dominica.
Dominica boasts a well-established education system, with a number of excellent schools and universities. By obtaining citizenship, investors and their families gain access to quality education at reasonable costs. Additionally, Dominica is known for its well-equipped medical facilities and high standards of healthcare. Citizenship offers peace of mind, ensuring that individuals and their loved ones receive top-notch medical care when needed.
Dominica's Citizenship by Investment Program provides favorable tax benefits for its citizens. The country does not impose wealth, gift, inheritance, or capital gains taxes on its citizens residing outside of Dominica. This advantageous tax regime allows investors to optimize their financial resources and enjoy a higher degree of financial freedom, making it an attractive destination for individuals seeking tax efficiency.
One of the most appealing aspects of the CIP in Dominica is that citizenship can be passed down through generations. This means that children, grandchildren, and future generations can also benefit from the rights and privileges that come with Dominican citizenship. This intergenerational advantage provides families with long-term security, better educational opportunities, and enhanced lifestyle prospects for their loved ones. Dominica's Citizenship by Investment Program offers a host of extraordinary benefits to investors seeking greater global mobility, economic advantages, and personal security. From visa-free travel to favorable tax regimes, the program presents a compelling proposition for individuals and families looking to expand their horizons and embrace new opportunities. By choosing to invest in Dominica, aspiring citizens can reap the rewards of a thriving nation, ensuring a brighter future for themselves and their loved ones.
Choice of 2 Citizenship Programs
Economic Diversification Fund (EDF)
It is not necessary to visit or reside in Dominica to be eligible. The EDF contribution is U.S.$100,000 for a single applicant, which increases to U.S.$175,000 to add a spouse, and to U.S.$200,000 to add up to three qualifying dependents. Funds have gone to such public-sector projects as schools, the hospital, the airport, a national sports stadium and a geothermal energy plant. Private-sector projects include information technology, tourism and agriculture.
Real Estate Investment
To take advantage of the real estate option requires purchasing property worth at least U.S.$200,000 or contributing at least that into an approved project. Applicants can combine their investments if each amount to at least U.S.$200,000.
The real estate must be held for three years for citizenship to be granted. Eligible dependents, who must be fully supported by the main applicant, include the main applicant’s or spouse’s children under 18 (or under 30 if the child is a full-time student); an unmarried daughter of the main applicant up to 30 living with the main applicant; a child of the main applicant or spouse over 18 and physically or mentally challenged; and parents or grandparents of the main applicant or spouse over 55 living with the main applicant.
Persons who acquire citizenship under its citizenship-by-investment program are not taxed.
General Requirements, Eligible & Process
In order to protect its people and Dominica’s international standing, the Government of Dominica will only grant citizenship to individuals who are truly deserving of that honour. Therefore, the Government will deny the application of any applicant who:
- Provides false information on his or her application form.
- Has at any time previously been convicted in any country of an offence for which the maximum custodial penalty for the same or similar offence in Dominica is in excess of six months imprisonment (unless he or she received a free pardon).
- Is the subject of a criminal investigation
- Is considered to be a potential national security risk to Dominica or to any other country.
- Is involved in any activity likely to cause disrepute to Dominica.
- Has been denied a visa to a country with which Dominica, has visa-free travel and who has not subsequently obtained a visa to the country that issued the denial.
- Applied for citizenship in any Caribbean program and was denied
Moreover, the main applicant must demonstrate that he or she:
- Is at least eighteen years old
- Is in good health; and
- Has enough funds to make the required investment. The source of these funds must be legal.
In order to ensure that the requirements listed above are fully adhered to, the Government of Dominica subjects each applicant to strict due diligence procedures. Moreover, each applicant must supplement his or her application with supporting documents. These include, but are not limited to, original or certified copies of:
- A certificate by a medical practitioner, indicating that the main applicant and his or her applying family members are not suffering from any communicable disease and that they are otherwise in good health; and
- A police certificate
- A spouse of the main applicant
- Children under the age of 17 of main applicant or spouse
- Children between the age of 17 -30 who are fully supported by the main applicant
- A child of the main applicant who is physically or mentally challenged. The dependent must be fully supported by the main applicant
- Dependent parents or grandparents of the main applicant and spouse above the age of 55 (*Under 55 is also eligible but contribution amount is 50K instead of 25K)
- Siblings of the main applicant who are not married and do not have any children can apply for citizenship
- In the first instanace you should contact a Government Authorised International Marketing Agent which ATB Global Mobility is one. We will guide you through the rest of the process
- We will then help you process through Local Agent as per the Regulations
- Collect your relevant documents and submit to the Bank for applicant Clearance
- Pay Government fees and local agent fees
- Submit file to the citizenship by investment Unit
- A due diligence progress will then be carried out on you and your family members by the Grenadian Goverments officials
- Conditional Approval receipt
- On successful acceptance of your application, you would then make the National Transformation Fund Donation or the investment into Real estate (this will be paid into an escrow account and drawn down by the project according to the progress of the property/properties
Prepration of Certification of Registration and passport
* All applications are first vetted by the receiving bank in Grenada. Only applications that are cleared